- Make sure your hands are clean and dry.
- Grasp the washing cup with your right hand.
- Transfer the washing cup to your left hand.
- Make a loose fist of your right hand.
- Pour water over your right hand — enough to wet both the inside and outside of your right fist.
- Transfer the washing cup to your right hand.
- Pour water over your left hand — enough to wet both the inside and outside of your left fist.
- Loosely cup your hands, palms upwards, as if to “accept” the purity, raise your hands and recite:
- Dry your hands perfectly.
- Do not speak until after eating bread, except to recite the blessing over the bread, or to answer Amain.
Ba-rooch Attah A-doy-noy,
E-lo-hay-noo Melech ha-olam,
asher ki-di-sha-noo bi-mi-tz-vo-sav,
vi-tzee-va-noo al ni-tee-las ya-da-yim.
(Blessed are You Hashem (the Master) our G-d (Source of our strength) Ruler of the universe, Who has made us holy (special to Him) through His commandments, and commanded us concerning washing (our) hands.)